Friday, March 18, 2011

Those in Need

Although I've given hundreds of massages in the past few years, the ones I tend to remember are the one given to those in great need.  A mother at the Ronald McDonald House who was terrified of losing her child to cancer.  A man in the hospital undergoing chemotherapy who eventually broke into a broad, toothy smile when I started working on his feet.  The marathon runner who was crying in pain from a cramping calf muscle.

In all of these cases I was able to make an immediate impact, provided relief from pain.  It's not often in life that we see the immediate results of our actions, so these experiences (and all of my treatments, really) have been so gratifying.

I'm determined to keep seeking out opportunities to help those in need.  What better life can one have, really?

No comments:

Post a Comment