Monday, April 25, 2011

Helichrysum: Apply Neat

We generally use essential oils diluted in carrier oils for massages, for example.  I often use Frankincense, Lavender, or Peppermint, depending on the client's condition.  At 2-3% dilution, these are extremely effective in sedating, balancing, or relieving muscle pain.

This week, however, I had the opportunity to apply Helichrysum neat - that is, directly on a cut on my hand.  Just a drop on the wound resulted in very fast healing.  I was shocked at how quickly the cut resolved.  In a matter of 24 hours, the inflammation had reduced significantly, and wound was close to being completely healed.  Now, 72 hours later, I can see that after applying one drop of Helichrysum directly on the wound 1-2 times per day, this cut will be gone within the next day.

I have used Helichrysum in my skin care products, but this is the first time I've used it as an alternative in first aid for a superficial wound.  I'm very impressed.

For more, see http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11902802.

4 comments:

  1. I have had the same experience with helichrysum neat on a cut! Isn't it great?! Almost worth getting the cut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! Tempting to replay...but I'd better not. Got massages to give!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Blog! Im your newest follower! you can follow back at: www.mrslaborn.blogspot.com Also I would have to try that next time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Mrs. Laborn! Following you, as well.

    ReplyDelete